With everything turning digital, marketing also has followed the trend. As a result, it is necessary to maintain brand reputation online. It increases product visibility but also limits customer engagement as they have unlimited choice online. So it is essential to retain customer loyalty and attract potential new customers. The high need to stay top in the trend results in tremendous opportunities for digital marketing professionals. Let’s see how aspiring marketers can enter the workforce.
DM executives maintain brand’s or company’s online reputation by working on different channels to maximise the revenue.
Their main responsibilities include:
- Writing engaging content for websites, email and social media.
- Creating digital marketing campaigns for online channels like websites, apps and social media
- Using techniques like search engine optimisation (SEO) and search engine marketing (SEM) for improved search engine ranking and paid promotions.
- Helping manage social media channels
- Adept handling of data analytics and latest marketing trends
- Enhancing website navigation to provide an excellent user experience
- Reporting back on performance and demonstrating ROI
Are you an excellent communicator and a tech-savvy? A digital marketing executive must have strong verbal and written communication skills. It would help if you were innovative and can understand how people use online channels. If you have creativity, knowledge in digital specifications and astounding communication skills, then you are perfect for this job.
There are no preset criteria for being a digital marketing executive. It would be best if you had relevant skills and basic academic background to pave your path to this industry. So how to know if you are eligible to be one or not?
Evaluate your skills
You require most or all of the below-mentioned skills:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Expertise in social media
- Understanding of marketing theory, practice and tools
- Creativity and innovative thinking
- Analytical and results-driven approach to your work
Ensure basic academic qualification
You are required to be a graduate in IT or marketing and communication. An alternative way to break into this industry is acquiring industry-specific qualifications such as accredited digital marketing courses online or diploma. Level 4 professional course is mandatory to get into this field without any prior experience. Learning Level 6 Professional diploma assists in the career progression and managerial role in the organisation. If you are looking for a short-term course, then go for the certificate course.
Digital Marketing Executive
Up to £33,000
Digital Marketing Manager
Up to £52,000
Digital Marketing Director
Up to £81,000
If you are looking for a way to get nationally recognised qualifications in the most hassle-free way, then give us a call today. At Ascent School of Management London, our online digital marketing courses allow you to study for the qualifications you need without leaving the house. Get in touch with us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 02039510645.